In order of conference proceedings and grouped by themes.
Click on the theme headings to see the abstracts for each paper.
Jump to the presentations by guest speakers.
- Aligning South African energy and climate change mitigation policy
Emily Tyler; PRESENTATION
- Carbon pricing and industrial policy in South Africa
Brent Cloete and Genna Robb; PRESENTATION
- What is fair? Meeting a national emission reduction target in an experimental setting.
Kerri Brick and Martine Visser; PRESENTATION
- Estimating the demand elasticity for electricity by sector in South Africa
Roula Inglesi and James Blignaut;PRESENTATION
- Modelling the impact of CO2 taxes in combination with the Long Term Mitigation Scenarios on emissions in South Africa using a dynamic computable general equilibrium model.
Marna Kearney; PRESENTATION
- Innovative environment for enhancing carbon markets and prices
Francis Yamba; PRESENTATION
- A comparative analysis of CDM in South Africa and China Redefining the role of CDM in the quest for putting a price on carbon in South Africa
John Fay, Farai Kapfudzaruwa and Lin Na; PRESENTATION
- Structuring approaches to pricing carbon in energy- and trade-intensive sectors: options for South Africa
Harald Winkler, Meagan Jooste and Andrew Marquard; PRESENTATION
- Mitigation in India: Emission trading as a possible policy option
Prabhat Upadhyaya; PRESENTATION
- Regulating energy demand and consumption in South Africa: Is carbon
Tebogo Makube; PRESENTATION
- A comparison of emissions trading and carbon taxation as carbon mitigation options for South Africa
Michael Goldblatt; PRESENTATION
- Carbon trading or carbon tax? Weighing up South Africa’s mitigation options
Genna Robb, Emily Tyler and Brent Cloete; PRESENTATION
Plenary presentations by guest speakers
- “What came out of COP15, what are the implications for putting a price on carbon in the context of South Africa’s national policy process?”
Judy Beaumont, DEA; PRESENTATION
- “Carbon pricing in the local context. How can future research support the implementation of carbon pricing policies?”
Osman Asmal, City of Cape Town; PRESENTATION
- “Carbon pricing focusing on carbon taxation in South Africa”
Cecil Morden, National Treasury; PRESENTATION
- “Lessons from the European Union Emissions Trading Scheme (EU-ETS)”
Dr Stefan Agne, European Commission; PRESENTATION
Download the full conference proceedings. (3.23MB)